Monday, November 8, 2010

Q u i x o r * L a b s

Recently a the addition of simple meta tag to help track usage of my web site with Google analytics triggered a recompile of the the code behind the web site and while this should not have been a problem when posted to my hosting service I got a nasty message that my application did not have the correct the full trust credentials required to execute on the server. And for unknown reasons my host tells me I will have to move the site to a new Windows 2008 server to correct this. OK but they also tell me that the FrontPage server extensions needed to upload by Visual Studio 2008 is not available on this system. So as far as I can tell they have provided no solution.

The Chinese tell us that every crisis also presents a new opportunity. Since I am being forced to move my site and/or upgrade my tool set all bets are off and I might as well look into other hosting options as well. The leader in the contest so far is my registrar Go Daddy.With so many options to consider it might take a few days to make up my mind on which way to go.   For the time being my Google based test site {Quixor Labs} will be open for business.

No comments: